[time-nuts] GALILEO online: any changes seen?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 10:13:09 UTC 2016

David, several of your satellite count graphs show a slow upward trend
throughout this calendar year, with a bump up for the month of October,
falling back down for part of November, then another step up at the
beginning of December.

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_gps.php?period=year

This is particularly clear on the graph labeled "u-blox MAX-M8Q" on
"RasPi-10", showing a sharp uptick since December 1.

Could this be Galileo or hard to say?

Or maybe just leaves falling off of the trees? :-)

Tim N3QE
===================================

Tim,

Thanks for looking!

There have been a number of antenna moves (all patch antennas located on the
top storey of a 2-storey building) and relocations of various devices, and
unfortunately I don't have it well enough documented to comment.

The MAC M8 can receive three systems simultaneously, but what three mine are
programmed for I don't know.  I suspect it's at least GPS & GLONASS, but the
third?  Perhaps BeiDou?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu