[time-nuts] 1 PPS users?

Francis Grosz fgrosz at otiengineering.com
Tue Dec 20 17:50:34 UTC 2016

Folks,

One thing that is sometimes poorly understood is that on a power
system real power flow (Watts)is primarily determined by phase; voltage
determines reactive power flow (VARs).  This means power system operators
are very interested in the phase difference between the two ends
of a transmission line, for example.  GPS has made it possible to
measure this accurately even over long distances using purpose-built
instruments.  Google "Phasor Measurement Units" got more information.

       Francis Grosz

Message: 2