[time-nuts] SR620 Failure Code.

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 22 18:27:57 UTC 2016

Rick,

On 12/22/2016 05:53 PM, W2GPS wrote:
> Time-nuts,
>
> My SR620 has started reporting "test error 34" on power-up and will do
> nothing after that. Does anyone know what that message means? I have a
> reasonable lab and I would try to repair the unit myself but I have no
> documentation. Is service documentation available or should I just ship it
> back to Stanford Research to get fixed?

The manual, which you can download for free from SRS, says (page 57):

"If the UHF prescaler of channel A is selected when
the unit is powered off and then on again, the unit
will display “TEST ERROR 34”. This error may be
corrected by deselecting the UHF of channel A. To
run this procedure, press input button of channel
“A” until UHF is not highlighted. Then turn the
power off and on again."

So RTFM and execute accordingly might be all that you need to do.

Best Regards,
Magnus