[time-nuts] Problem with HP 83623A 20 GHz sweep generator stepping up/down 100 Hz when not wanted.

Bill Byrom time at radio.sent.com
Thu Dec 22 20:54:22 UTC 2016

Read about the synthesizer design of that generator here:

https://ia600407.us.archive.org/10/items/Hewlett-Packard_Journal_Vol._42_No._2_1991-04_Hewlett-Packard/Hewlett-Packard_Journal_Vol._42_No._2_1991-04_Hewlett-Packard.pdf

Dave, looking at the graph you posted it appears to me that the shift is
10 Hz, not 100 Hz. It appears to me that is an audio spectrogram. I have
no idea if the frequency shift is in the generator or receiver.

--

Bill Byrom N5BB