[time-nuts] HP53132A Firmware Version 4613

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Dec 28 10:54:48 UTC 2016

How similar are the 131A and the 132A ? Is it possible to upgrade a 131
into  132 ?

-----------

Interesting question!

I suspect not, not in any straightforward fashion anyway, but I'm sure
others would know better than me.
>From a quick look at the component level service manuals the  hardware does
seem to be very similar, although just how similar  would need a bit more
detailed investigation, but then there's no guarantee the  FPGA programming
would be the same.

I suppose an interesting experiment might be to drop a set of 53132A
firmware ROMs into a 53131A, not something I've tried, but I wouldn't be at  all
surprised if they weren't recognised.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR