[time-nuts] A Leap Second is coming

Vlad time at patoka.org
Thu Dec 29 14:11:40 UTC 2016

> Some tools here, to see which NTP servers are announcing the event:
>
>  http://www.satsignal.eu/software/net.htm#NTPLeapTrace

For those who using Linux, the following shell command verifies that the
current 'timezone' file contains leap seconds and can be used with this
directive

# TZ=right/UTC date -d 'Dec 31 2016 23:59:60'

Ideally, it MUST return "Sat Dec 31 23:59:60 UTC 2016". If 'timezone'
file is not ready, the output will be "date: invalid date"

My TBolt shows me the message that "LeapSeconf event pending". So, if I
understand it right, I should see see it on LH 5.0 screen somehow.
My lab NTP suppose to start slow down its clock 12 second before the
event to match the time.
Also I'll collecting the 'main' cycles to see what will happens during
the 'jump'.

--
WBW,

V.P.