[time-nuts] Measuring sidereal/solar time? Re: A Leap Second is coming

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Dec 30 17:18:17 UTC 2016

Hi Anders:

That's something I've thought about for decades using an optical system.  A few  years ago I looked at it again and
found that astronomical "seeing" limits the accuracy.  So the accuracy achieved by a spaceborne "Stellar compass" will
be much better than a ground based observation.  A radio based observation might work since the atmosphere would not be
a factor.
http://www.prc68.com/I/StellarTime.shtml

--
Have Fun,