[time-nuts] Anyone (ideally in the UK) got a spare rotary knob for the 5370B TI counter?

EB4APL eb4apl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 13:03:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm not totally sure about the limits, but I have read several times
that in the UK the nominal supply voltage is 230 V +10%/−6% to
accommodate the fact that most supplies are in fact still 240 V. The
context was that a lot of test equipment failed when operated at around
250 V and many input capacitors (particularly the ones inside a know
brand IEC socket - filter) caught fire.

Wikipedia says that several areas in UK still have 250 V because this
value is withing the current limits.

I think that the governing document is British Standard BS 7697: Nominal
voltages for low voltage public electricity supply systems —
(Implementation of HD 472 S1).

Regards,

Ignacio, EB4APL