[time-nuts] Z3801 misbehaving

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 03:16:48 UTC 2016

Charles,
 The OCXO has always been pretty warm to the touch. Except now, it is
barely warm.  I tried the antenna first with a card sized Symmetricon GPSDO
and it locked up OK. I have a small uBlox GPS that gives the signal levels
of the satellites it sees. I need to hook that up and check. The Antenna is
a Leica AT503 up 40 feet on a Rohn 25G tower. It is on top and seems to
have a pretty good view of the sky. It is fed 12 volts from a wall wart
power supply through a Pasternack bias Tee. I couldn't find any info on the
AT503 but I took it apart and the preamp has a 7808 voltage regulator in
it, so I think 12 volts should work alright. The cable is LMR400 from an
actual HP cable intended to work with GPS. I have a lot of checking to do
before I can narrow things down.