[time-nuts] Cheap GPSDO's

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Feb 11 08:34:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 00:13:20 -0700
Joseph Gray <jgray at zianet.com> wrote:

> I searched the list archives and found some discussion mid-to-late
> last year about several inexpensive GPSDO's made by bg7tbl. It seems
> that all of the better models (according to discussion on the EEVBlog
> forum) are gone.

Have a look at [1] especially at last two paragraphs.

If you want something cheap but ok GPSDO, get one of Nick Sayers [2].
He sells them on tindie [3]. The TCXO version goes for $175 and the
OCXO version for $275. If you already have a good OCXO you can
modify it to get the EFC voltage out. Maybe you'll have to adjust
the firmware for it, which you can find on github [4].

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://www.ke5fx.com/gpscomp.htm
[2] https://hackaday.io/project/6872-gps-disciplined-tcxo
[3] https://www.tindie.com/products/nsayer/gps-disciplined-ocxo/