[time-nuts] Not so cheap GPSDO's

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Thu Feb 11 09:10:41 UTC 2016

On 11 Feb 2016 08:05, "Joseph Gray" <jgray at zianet.com> wrote:

> The less expensive Z3805A's look like they have been beat to crap,
> before or after being pulled from the scrap pile. I'd worry about
> damage to the OCXO in these. For more money, yixunhk has some nicely
> packaged units and AFAIK he has a good reputation.

I have a nicely packaged HP 58503B GPSDO which I purchased from yixunhk vua
eBay. The outside is in prisine condition,  and looks immaculate apart from
the S/N fell off onto my floor. The S/N on the label matched that shown on
the firmware.

The inside is rusty and dirty and would appear to have been standing in
water for some time.

Dave.