[time-nuts] LIGO detects gravitational waves

Bill Hawkins bill.iaxs at pobox.com
Sat Feb 13 23:34:45 UTC 2016

IMHO, the decay seems backwards because we are watching the growth of
the event as the black holes approach each other, reaching a maximum at
collision.

Don't know why the signal drops off after the collision. May be because
gravity stops changing, or maybe because the resulting object left the
universe - well, not if mass and energy are conserved. Or did the wave
contain all of the radiated energy?

Disclaimer: My field of study was not physics.

Bill Hawkins