[time-nuts] LIGO detects gravitational waves

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 14 00:20:18 UTC 2016

Bill,

As the two holes collapses into one larger hole, the rotation energy
goes from being a two-body rotation into being a one-body rotation. The
one-body rotation does not have the same characteristic as a massive
body moving swiftly back and forward from our observation and thus
producing a gravity wave in our direction.

The decay is simply from the fact that less and less mass rotate around
each other out of "equilibrium". At the end the mass distribution will
be similar to that of a rotating start, just much much denser. The
chock-wave of the collapse should be one hell of a bang, somewhat more
than 140 dB... wonder if someone have analyzed the acoustical resonance
modes of a black hole, and Q-values... so don't expect a black hole
resonator anytime soon.

Cheers,
Magnus