[time-nuts] HP Reliability

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Sun Feb 14 14:44:52 UTC 2016

My bet is that the split between Medical and Test Equipment is to
facilitate the eventual sale of one or the other division.

As for reliability I have mostly HP and Tektronix in my stable with an
odd Racal and Boonton piece here and there. The Boontons never fail (
arguably much simpler) but the HP are an order of magnitude better than
Tektronix. I suspect the medical stuff gets built with "mil-qualified"
parts because  the customer base has a higher tolerance for the added cost

Also dont forget guys a lot of the toys we have all bought on Evil-Bay ,
etc ,,are well beyond it's design life cycle I think the youngest Item I
have in my "collection" is at least 25 years old.

Dave
ArtekManuals.com

--
Dave