[time-nuts] MTI 260-0624-D OCXO

dan at irtelemetrics.com dan at irtelemetrics.com
Sat Feb 20 18:18:40 UTC 2016

For anyone interested to know an induction heater, If you happen to
have one laying around,
works pretty well for opening these types of cans up. Properly placed
you can heat the can
melt the solder and not burn up any paper labels on the top of the can.
If done carefully, they
can be reassembled this way also.

My guess is even the cheap inductive cook tops would work for this.

Dan

I have read sometime ago and probably on this list a success stories
about opening OCXOs using a hot air gun or even a propane torch, an
x-acto knife and a stainless steel shim sheet to avoid the solder to do
it stuff again when solidifying.
Using this technique probably the can could be reused after repairing
the part.

Ignacio EB4APL