[time-nuts] Z3801A holdover

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Feb 25 12:27:46 UTC 2016

Hi

The TRAIM error will happen with a small number of sats and a location
estimate that is less than perfect. I would not go to crazy about that part.

First question — why so few sats? You really need to have full screen of
locked sats. That can be a feed line / antenna issue. The old Oncore boards
are pretty deaf. A setup that works fine with other stuff … maybe not so much
with one of them.

Second question — did the unit get moved from somewhere else and still
thinks it is in the other location? If so it would struggle just like the screen shows.

I’d get those two out of the way first.

Bob