[time-nuts] Introduction

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 26 00:20:41 UTC 2016

Enrico,

Nice additional labs.

For short cables, the start pulse can still affect the stop pulse,
potentially give it worse slew-rate as the cross-talk superpositions on
top of the actual signal. Such cross-talk should be less pronounced as
you have lower slew-rate on the start-pulse, but then lower slew-rate on
the stop-pulse would make it more sensitive so it would even out to some
degree.

3 foot cable is 90 cm is 4.5 ns time-difference, which is where I expect
such effects to show up.
10 foot cable is 3 m is 15 ns time-difference, which is where I expect
such effects to be essentially gone.

Cross-talk between start and stop can be a bit annoying.

Cheers,
Magnus