[time-nuts] Z3815A front panel status indicator

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Fri Feb 26 19:51:00 UTC 2016

On 2/26/2016 12:58 PM, Dickson Fu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A bit frustrated with my newly bought Z3815A. After power up, the "Block"
> indicator stays lit and no other LED turns on except Power indicator. It
> appears that GPS has never discipling.
>
> I cannot find any user manual for Z3815A and other hp smartclock does not
> have the same front panel design. Anyone knows the definition of the staus
> indicator?
>
> Active
> Standby
> Unlock
> Block
>
> Best Regards,
> VR2WHF

Dickson

While not familiar specifically with the Z3815A, I believe that all of
the Z38xx series use basically the same software to talk to them and
most of the command strings are pretty common ... Before throwing the
thing off the top of the Orchard Towers

1) Do you have a software program talking to RS232 port ( probably in
the back). The program should allow you to reset the unit and then go
through what is called a "SURVEY" to get it tracking
2) Describe the antenna setup you are using

Dave
NR1DX

--
Dave