[time-nuts] Instrument BASIC

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Sat Feb 27 22:01:15 UTC 2016

Magnus,

I used to be responsible for a couple of labs in the late 90's early 2000's
where we had several of these.

First - do you have this option installed:
Add Agilent Instrument BASIC 1C2  ?

We automated the VSA's using GPIB and TCL.  I jumped through some hoops to
make the TCL library
publicly available on SourceForge - and it is still there.  TCL is a basic
like language for easy instrument
control and worth looking at if you want this to be as easy as possible.

I noticed there are some nifty GPIB to USB adapters available now.

We ran 24/7 this way doing low noise analysis.

Best Regards,
John W.
AJ6BC