[time-nuts] Inside a CTS 1960017 OCXO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Feb 27 22:17:08 UTC 2016

Hi

Ok, so that’s phase modulation and not frequency modulation. Simply put, it’s not a high level
signal into the EFC. It’s also not anything inside the oscillator loop. Normally the best way to do
a broadband phase mod like that is to feed a signal into the input of the output buffer. I’d check it
with a couple of different loads and see if that chip sings when loaded this way vs that way.

Bob