[time-nuts] Instrument BASIC

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Sun Feb 28 01:26:09 UTC 2016

To Answer Paul and Jim.

The code can be downloaded here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/net-snmp-tcl/files/net-snmp-tcl/Alpha%200.1/

Basically an interface to control instruments over SNMP using TCL - using
Net-SNMP as the base.

We used this primarily to control VSA's.

I imagine this can still be used as a starting base - updating what MIB's
and other options you may need.

The UG7 option may be required to run this on the 89441A.

To answer Jim - when we were developing this - we decided to use SNMP
(ethernet) vs. GPIB just because we had so many of these
running and had results being posted so people could remotely access.  SNMP
was the choice.  It ran very well.

If anyone is interested and you can't download the code for some reason -
let me know and I will e-mail it to you.

The zipfile is 865 KB.  It is called: net-snmp-tcl-alpha01.zip - we had
planned to release more but then the economy went dot-com-bomb.
But, this is fundamentally what we ran all of our test automation with
regarding the VSA's.

Best Regards,
John W.
AJ6BC