[time-nuts] MTI 260-0624-D OCXO

Angus not.again at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 28 00:42:11 UTC 2016

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 14:56:47 -0500, you wrote:

>I think that there are a lot of unexplored possibilities, but I definitely am
>not convinced that it sets either the inner or outer oven temperature. There
>are simply better ways to do that in production.

Hi Mike,

On the two that I tested, it appeared to adjust the temperature of
both of the ovens.

One was a 5 MHz 260-0545-B. The outer oven was at 78.2 degC and at
least around that point the temp changed at about 1 degC per turn. The
EFC adjustment on this one was not quite enough to bring the frequency
to exactly 5 MHz, but the oven temp did look to be close to correct.

The other was a 16.384 MHz 260-0546-G which was unused old stock, but
had overall poor stability. It turned out that the oven temp on it was
1-3/8 turns from the turnover point, but when or how that happened I
don't know.

It would be interesting to hear from somebody who knows how this type
of thing is actually adjusted in production.

Angus.