[time-nuts] WWVB format change in 2012

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 13:45:03 UTC 2016

Having a diversity of refclocks is important for any real NTP
implementation. There is a strong tendency towards a GPS monoculture and
the implementers must work against it.

Support for WWV in ntpd using the wwv_audio refclock is very good and
delivers jitters substantially less than a millisecond. I have been using
this for over a decade.

ntpd also supports CHU.

Here is a recent article showing how to use the BPSK format of WWVB:
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/QEX_Next_Issue/2015/Nov-Dec_2015/Magliacane.pdf

Tim N3QE