[time-nuts] HP 10544A Repair

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 28 20:49:36 UTC 2016

Jim,

Why cut it open? It is relatively easy to measure just by power the
oscillator up. Just in this thread is an echo of a discussion we had
many years ago that explains the method.

The temperature curve for AT, BT and SC-cut is known and quite
different, so just measure the heat-up curve from room temperature to
oven temperature will be distinct for these types. I think the IT-cut
can also be identified uniquely this way.

If you have the crystal blank, you can use X-ray to see the
crystal-orientation.

Cheers,
Magnus