[time-nuts] WWVB format change in 2012

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Sun Feb 28 20:55:47 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Among NTPSec's goals are a smaller, auditable, code-base; hence support for
> receivers last available in the early-1990s is being removed.

I'm a bit confused by your question and the responses.

There are (I believe) three audio drivers supporting WWV, CHU and IRIG.
These drivers are receiver agnostic.  If you can get audio they work.  The
documented accuracy for WWV is within 1 millisecond of the time pulse.

There are multiple drivers supporting WWV/CHU/DCF.  These are for specific
families of RF receivers which produce a digital stream of some sort (e.g.
ISA bus communication).

Presumably the latter are what you're looking at as obsolete (e.g.
Truetime, Traconix, Chronolog, Ultralink etc. [and my apologies if any of
these are not obsolete]).

Perhaps you could clarify your intent.