[time-nuts] Loran-C Norway/France/Germany shutdown

Thomas S. Knutsen la3pna at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 04:22:27 UTC 2016

FWIW, Loran-C at Jan-Mayen was shut down at 1200NT (1100UTC).
Info from: http://jan.mayen.no/nyheter/en-aera-er-forbi/

I will check with a friend at Bø station on monday regarding the rest of
the norwegian stations.

BR.
Thomas.

> Looks like Sylt went off-air in addition to the Norway and France stations.
> Perhaps it is not a permanent decommissioning.

> It might just be coincidence, but at around 0145 on Jan 1st the  Sylt web
> site link on the Loran-C Europe web site was reporting a 404 not found
> error:-(
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel
> GM8PZR

 Please  avoid sending  me  Word  or  PowerPoint  attachments.
 See  <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
PDF is an better alternative and there are always LaTeX!