[time-nuts] DMTD - analog multiplier vs. diode mixer ?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 5 21:41:16 UTC 2016

With some sine-to-square conversion as signal conditioning, not too hard
these days, this could be a relatively straight forward approach.
CERN already have digital clocks, so the DDMTD approach fits them well.

For normal mixers you want to signal condition the signal prior to the
mixers, and then signal-condition the beat notes too.

For DDMTD you do the same, but you do the post mister conditioning in
the digital domain.

I have always assumed that signal-to-noise have been the main difference
between the Gilbert cell multiplies vs. diode mixers.

Cheer1s,
Magnus