[time-nuts] Loran Europe Lessay seems to be back on air?

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 09:29:48 UTC 2016

> It seems to me that the code they use for the 6731M signal is  botched,
> anybody who can confirm ?

Indeed, see the attached plot (from a recording I made earlier  this
evening): the master signal is totally lacking the 180 degree  phase
code modulation, while the slave signal does have  it.
Regards,
Pieter-Tjerk, PA3FWM

---------
This explains exactly what I've been seeing here on the FS700s.

By default the FS700 runs in an "Auto" mode, where given a valid GRI  it
searches and locks to the station with the highest signal strength,  but with
both Master and Y channels now having the same amplitude this obviously
becomes a very close call.
This wasn't an issue until yesterday afternoon, but  with both operational
units producing errors I eventually  realised this was only when they were
trying to lock to the  Master and that they would still lock ok to the Y
channel, manually selecting the Y channel resolved the problem.

Whether or not the current situation is deliberate or unintended,  having
the Master present again, even in a restricted fashion, does at  least
restore proper channel identification:-)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR