[time-nuts] Lady Heather Server On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Jan 11 06:18:28 UTC 2016

If you stick to something like QT4, which is either python,
or C++, it is rather easy.

QT4 has everything set up for you already, and a compiler for
the graphics screens.  You create the basic screen in the
designer, and tell it what you want it to do when a mouse
hovers, clicks, drags, etc... and it does it.

QT4 also has all of the fancy graphics routines you could
imagine wanting... including routines to plot graphs, polar,
linear, log, bar... whatever.

Tons of tutorials are available on line... as are lots of
complete projects... open source and all that.

QT4 is oriented towards C++, but it has been ported to python.
This opens up a broad world of mathematical and plotting libraries,
as well as USB, IP stacks, printing routines, everything.  The
big problem is the tutorials are for C++, and there are some
pretty significant differences between C++ and python.

Life would have been 1000% easier for Mark and John if they
had used QT4 in the first place.... Especially Mark, as his
original work was for DOS, which needed extreme hand holding
for every little thing.

The biggest problem I found was not getting totally confused
by the extreme number of #ifdef statements that made it work
on this, or that variation of DOS, 'Doze, debug...

-Chuck Harris