[time-nuts] Lady Heather Server On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 13 05:06:55 UTC 2016

chris at chriscaudle.org said:
> No, ntpd would be getting time from the serial port, not from the network
> socket.  The idea would be that ntpd was getting the clock time from the
> serial port, but the time messages would be interleaved with whatever data
> the Thunderbolt was sending back in request to the LH commands.

How does who decide what data goes to ntpd and what goes to LH?

If you have 2 serial ports, it would be easy to wire the pin from the TBolt
to feed both serial ports.

ntpd knows enough about TBolts to tell it to send the time every second.  It
would be easy to teach it to ignore stuff it doesn't want and doesn't already
ignore.  That would let LH drive things and ntpd would just listen in on the
second port.

It should be possible to duplicate the data stream in software, but I don't
know how to do that on Linux.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.