[time-nuts] Timelab, two SR620s and losing samples

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Sun Jan 17 17:26:22 UTC 2016

Talk-only mode is by intention, an exclusive mode, where
there is one talker, and one listener on the bus.  There
can be exceptions where there are more than one listener,
but that tends to be unusual.

Addressed mode can have one or more instrument on the
bus.  Although addressed mode is fully orchestrated by
the controller, the controller can easily interleave
things in a way that can cause unintended latency in a
critical instrument.

-Chuck Harris