[time-nuts] Generating a solid PPS from 10Mhz source

Vlad time at patoka.org
Mon Jan 18 17:28:59 UTC 2016

Looking to the complex solutions for the frequency divider (CPLD/MCU), I
start to think about skews and propagation delays. Its not obvious from
the first glance. But I think such things exists.
It could be interesting to compare the numbers.  Is it worth to consider
some correction to avoid phase difference between of input and output ?

On 2016-01-18 08:59, cfo wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 09:22:09 +0000, Jerome Blaha wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy circuit to build that can consistently deliver a 1
>> PPS
>> from a 10MHz source with excellent resolution and repeatability?
>
> Ulrich B. has made an AVR 1PPS, for those that uses AVR's instead of
> PIC's
> AVR PPSDIV 2008-09-06 - in bottom of page.
> http://www.ulrich-bangert.de/html/downloads.html
>
> The Mega8 version should be easy to port to an Arduino clone
>

> CFO

WBW,

V.P.