[time-nuts] Z3801 misbehaving

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Fri Jan 29 04:58:25 UTC 2016

John wrote:

>Tonight I got a GPS Lock light. Bravo!

Patience is a virtue.   ;-)

Remember this when it comes to all the other metrics -- settling to
good stability, in particular, which may take quite a while (weeks to
months) since the OCXO has been off for so long.  My suggestion is to
put it in an out-of-the-way place where the temperature is stable and
there is little to no risk of it being physically jostled, and forget
about it for a month.  Then see where you are.  (I mean, really
forget it -- don't monitor it, don't look at the lights -- because
those will tempt you to play with it, which will make it take even
longer to settle.)

Charles