[time-nuts] python or matlab/octave for Keysight instruments?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jul 2 17:58:50 UTC 2016

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> I'm fine with writing the SCPI commands and parsing the output, I'm just
> looking for the "glue" between "send_message_to_instrument" or
> "read_message_from_instrument" and the instrument itself.

Why do you need any glue?  What type of device is it?  Why not just open it
and read/write?

That's what I did with a Rigor scope.  I have a udev rule so it shows up as
/dev/scope no matter where I plug it in:
KERNEL=="usbtmc*", ATTRS{serial}=="DS1EB132703507",  MODE="0666",
SYMLINK+="scope"

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.