[time-nuts] How does sawtooth compensation work?

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Tue Jul 19 03:06:46 UTC 2016

> On Jul 18, 2016, at 3:55 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
>
>> The systems gravitate towards PLL time constants that average it all away.
>
> You are overlooking hanging bridges.

Yes, that’s true. Given the facilities I have available with the present hardware, I don’t believe I have much choice. I am not confident that I could tell the difference between noise in the phase detection system and PPS jitter variations that small. If the PA6H receiver gave sawtooth corrections, I’d be able to do better.