[time-nuts] Leap second to be introduced at midnight UTC December 31 this year

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Thu Jul 21 03:37:29 UTC 2016

> Le 20 juil. 2016 à 22:10, Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com> a écrit :
>
> Yo Martin!
>
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 21:37:02 +0200
> Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at burnicki.net> wrote:
>
>> So when the GPS receiver always just *showed* information on the
>> current UTC data set then this is OK. However, the *time* it has
>> *output* should not have jumped back and forth by 1 second.
>
> I have a report of a Venus8, with BeiDou, that jumped NMEA time by one
> second on the 19th.
>
> The NMEA offset data is fun:
>
>    https://dan.drown.org/bbb/latest/remote-statistics.NMEA.png

possibly related the the issue reported back in january 2015.

"Back in January it was reported here that the Venus 8 timing modules from Skytraq as used in the LTE-Lite, had a firmware bug that was causing the leap second to be applied as soon as the warning was seen in the GPS stream. I had bought one from Navspark  and once I reported the issue they shipped me a replacement receiver as soon as the F/W update was available. I would have preferred the new F/W, but I got a free receiver as they did not want me to return the bugged one. "