[time-nuts] Seiko watch "leap second enabled"

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Thu Jul 21 04:09:02 UTC 2016

While I was googling for reports of other misbehaving GPS chips, I discovered the existence of the worlds first leap second enabled wrist watch.
Seiko introduced the Astron models 8X53, 8X82, 7X52 which automatically check for a leap second on …….

«  Seiko Astron enters the leap second data receiving mode after the first GPS signal is received on or after June 1st and December 1st. »  (User Manual)

D’OH!…

Maybe one of Homer’s inventions.

If any of you have one, have you checked how it has reacted?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. »
George Bernard Shaw