[time-nuts] Venus838LPx-T opinions?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 03:08:13 UTC 2016

I'd get the $80 assembled unit from Navspark first and see if it works for you.  If not, you won't have wasted your time and money on doing a PC board.

Lady Heather can now talk to Venus receivers in binary mode (also handles generic NMEA receivers).   I don't have a Venus timing receiver so I have not tested operation of the timing receiver related messages.   One VERY vexing issue with Venus binary mode is there is NO binary message that provides "sky view" info about satellite positions and signal levels.  You can only get that in NMEA mode.