[time-nuts] The home time-lab

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Jul 25 17:29:02 UTC 2016

Hi Chris:

The APC RS1500 uses what they call modified sine wave, but I call modified square wave, i.e. it's a square wave with a
couple of parts that are at zero volts.
Don Lancaster promoted "Magic Sinewaves" where a pulse modulated waveform drives an H-bridge.  The leading and trailing
edges are determined using the idea of FFT so that all the harmonics up to some number (typically 9 to thirty something)
are zero.  There were also 3-phase versions.  But he no longer sells any hardware.

PS I'm looking for a source of 3-phase 400 Hz 115 VAC to power a North Finding Gryo.
http://www.prc68.com/I/WildARK2.html

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke