[time-nuts] The home time-lab

bownes bownes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:18:49 UTC 2016

Or the current version:

Large AC motor driving a LARGE flywheel with an AC (and/or -48VDC) generator on the other side feeding a very large battery plant. If mains drops more than 1/2 cycle it connects the turbine and starts it up.

We had a 5MW one at $OLD_GIG for feeding our supercomputer factory.

It was rumored that at least one customer location kept one of their turbines (redundant) idling at all times because they could not afford to loose a data set.