[time-nuts] Venus838LPx-T opinions?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:47:34 UTC 2016

 I have a Z3812A that I added back in the GPS receiver and modified it (moving 6 zero ohm resistors) to work as a standalone GPS.  Basically it's now a stand-alone Z3811.   I have Lady Heather working with it now.   The hack of using the RS-422 output to directly drive a RS-232 serial port does not work very well with most older RS-232 receiver chips.   I have to control it with a USB-Serial cable.