[time-nuts] GPS receiver time message offsets to 1PPS

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jul 26 00:45:36 UTC 2016

holrum at hotmail.com said:
> Here are the results of measuring the difference between the time code in a
> GPS receiver time message and the arrival time of the last byte of the
> message.  Negative values mean that the receiver sends the timing message
> after the 1PPS pulse that it describes. The table also shows the standard
> deviation of the message arrival times.

Neat.  Thanks.

holrum at hotmail.com said:
(slight snippage to avoid line wraps)
> Z3812A     ...  1450.5      0.6  (ramps 950 .. 1950 over 1000 secs)
> Z3801A     ...   1341.5      2.0  (ramps 941 .. 1841 over 1000 secs)

Those ramps don't make sense to me.  Mine are consistently right on.

Are you using T1 or T2 format?  t1 is the default.  I'm using T2.  (Seems
unlikely it would make a difference, but stranger things have happened.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.