[time-nuts] The home time-lab

albertson.chris at gmail.com albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 00:08:15 UTC 2016

I remember the 91. The MG Produced 400Hz power. It is easier to build a linear power supply as it would use smaller transformers and need less filtering

The chilled water cooling was not the best idea because when they had to power down water would condense  on the insides and they would have to wait for it to dry befor powering up

The CDC 6600 in the other room used freon and did not have that problem. You could power cycle it in maybe 15 minutes

But a water cool machine had tons of cold water inside after the power is removed

Bothe were antiques when I used them in early 80s