[time-nuts] Very Accurate Delta Time RF Pulse

albertson.chris at gmail.com albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 20:31:52 UTC 2016

You might be better off scanning than wide band. Even with a slow scanner you can cover the entire RF range every few meters of car travel. But I would sample as fast as you can. Hundreds of millions per second. This gives best sensitivity and noise

Use gnu radio software and Their SDR radio hardware.  Some time ago someone built a passive radar with this. They were able to get Reflection from FM from passing aircraft. Not a lot different from your project

The algorithm is just scan a section of the band then do FFT the FFT will separate all that noise by transmitter frequency. Search the spectra for peaks

If you are moving and targets are fixed Doppler can actually help you sort it out. Radars take advantage of this too