[time-nuts] Maser 0.7 nsec jumps solved

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 05:00:57 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your input and thoughts. It has really proved helpful
here at the observatory.

As it turned out we easily obtained a zero-crossing solid state relay so we
thought we'd try it.

And, drumroll......

It made things so much terribly *worse* than ever before. (As predicted by
many of you above.)

We are going to try a SSR that switches at the peak - but we need to order
one. So stay tuned on those results.

There is of course the "move the bloody thing far away from the maser"
solution which could end up being a serious option. These air conditioning
units are small and cheap (window-type), so we are trying to find the
cheapest solution - and if that ends up being some ducting - so be it!

Jim Palfreyman