[time-nuts] Divide by 3

cdelect at juno.com cdelect at juno.com
Wed Jun 8 19:14:25 UTC 2016

The FE405B AD plot I recently posted used a simple (non 50% duty cycle)
divide by 3 using a 74ls74 and 74ls02 (if I remember correctly).
I used the HP board from the pair used in the 5065A or 5061A/B.
The existing 74ls74 was piggy backed with the 74ls02 and connections made
with tiny wire. The non-symmetrical 5Mhz output of the divider went into
the existing 5Mhz filter amp resulting in a nice clean Sine wave.
As the plot shows the AD does not suffer using this simple scheme.

Cheers,

Corby