[time-nuts] FE-405B Reprogramming

Logan Cummings logan.cummings at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:30:00 UTC 2016

Thanks Bob,

       I figured if it was that easy someone else would have already done
it. Went looking for a schematic and found Tom's page describing the
architecture at a high level and with ADEV plots providing evidence of said
architecture. Good block diagram from an FEI presentation at the bottom of
the page http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/fe405/

      Takeaway: no, can't be done - 5MHz DOCXO clocks a DDS which outputs
at 15MHz feeds into a PLL steering a standard 15MHz VCXO which then
provides the output directly.

      Very interesting architecture and gives me some food for thought, but
does not solve the 15 != 10 problem Nick was facing.

Cheers and thanks again!
-Logan