[time-nuts] Divide by 3

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Jun 9 02:39:54 UTC 2016

I remember when we first got a prototype 10816
Mini-Rubidium standard working.  We put in on
of those old paper strip chart recorders (this
was circa 1981).  We were pretty cocky about
how it went straight down the page.  You
couldn't do that with quartz.  When we
came back the next day, you could clearly
see frequency steps when the air conditioning
went off at night and came on in the daytime.
People would say "nice thermometer, guys :-(

Rick