[time-nuts] u-blox "naked" chips - anyone brave enough to try them?

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Wed Jun 15 07:44:15 UTC 2016

Certainly cheap…. BUT

On the ublox site there is a table indicating that the KT is a standard precision engine. On the same table, the UBX-M8030-KT-FT is required for timing:

< https://www.u-blox.com/sites/default/files/GNSS-Chips_Linecard_%28UBX-13004716%29.pdf >
< https://www.u-blox.com/sites/default/files/products/documents/UBX-M8030-KT-FT_ProductSummary_%28UBX-14001605%29.pdf >

So, they may be cheap, very cheap, but are they really what a TN would want?

Hope that helps.
Mike