[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping board

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:58:08 UTC 2016

This is a very important topic for anyone who wants to build state of
the art electronic today.   You can't continue to live in the 1970s
using DIP parts with 0.1 inch leads.  So how to make small batches of
custom designs.

The pick and place machine could be very inexpensive if you are
willing to let it run very slow using only one or two really of parts
at a time and work on small boards.   The RapRap type 3d printers
don't cost much to build.  A pick and place is not much more than a 3d
printer with a different nozzle.    You can find people doing this on
other email lists that deal with robots

For most projects these SBCs (arduino, Pi 3, BBB,...) allow you to
build almost anything without need of a custom PCB.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California